California Cyber Liability Insurance?
California Cyber Liability Insurance must strongly be considered in a business insurance portfolio. One of the misconceptions that many businesses that cyber-attacks only happen to large businesses. In fact, a recent report by Verizon stated that 61% of all cyber attacks happen to small businesses. The thought behind this is that most smaller businesses are less likely to have a strong defense. Hackers commonly target retailers, healthcare organizations, and financial service providers. Cyber Liability insurance plays a key role in a business insurance portfolio for companies that handle sensitive information, work in the cloud, or operate cybersecurity.
What Does Texas Cyber Liability Insurance Cover?
California Cyber Liability Insurance is broken down two types of cyber liability insurance First party and third party coverage. First-party coverage helps cover expenses when your network is hacked or your data is stolen. Third-party coverage offers protection when a client sues your company for failing to prevent a breach of their computer system.
First-party cyber insurance can cover:
- Cyber extortion payments
- Hiring an expert to investigate the breach and assist with regulatory compliance
- Notifying affected customers
- Customer credit and fraud monitoring services
- Crisis management and public relations
- Business interruption expenses, such as the cost of hiring additional staff, renting equipment, or purchasing third-party services
Third-party cyber insurance can cover:
- Legal defense costs
- Settlements if you and the client settle out of court
- Judgments you’re legally obligated to pay after a data breach
- Other court costs
How Much Does Cyber Liability Cost?
The price of cyber liability is determined similarly to other insurance policies. Businesses that handle large amounts of sensitive data typically pay a higher premium for cyber liability insurance. Higher rates do belong to healthcare professionals, retailers, banks, and information technology firms or other businesses that handle large volumes of sensitive data.