Do I Need Restaurant Insurance In Texas?
Opening a restaurant is a labor of love. It takes a serious investment in time, resources and capital to put the restaurant together and make it work. Restaurant Insurance in Texas is important in protecting that investment. ConXis Insurance Services understands this and realizes that you need a trusted professional to help guide you through the process of customizing the right restaurant insurance in Texas to guide you through the process. As an independent agent we have multiple sources to find the right carrier for you.
What Types of Insurance Do I Need To Open A Restaurant in Texas?
- Liability policy – General Liability Policy insurance provides the insured party with protection against claims resulting from injuries and damage to people or property. Liability insurance policies cover both legal costs and any payouts for which the insured party would be responsible if found legally liable.
- Property Policy – Property insurance provides financial reimbursement to the owner or renter of a structure and its contents in case there is damage or theft—and to a person other than the owner or renter if that person is injured on the property. The endorsements listed below are options you should consider when buying your restaurant insurance in Texas.
- Business Interruption – provides coverage for lost earnings that replaces income lost in the event that business has stopped operations for some reason, such as a fire or a natural disaster. This type of insurance also covers operating expenses, a move to a temporary location if necessary, payroll, taxes, and loan payments
- Equipment breakdown – provides coverage for a loss caused by mechanical or electrical breakdown for most types of equipment, including photocopiers and computers. Coverage applies to the cost to repair or replace the equipment and any other property damaged by the equipment breakdown.
- Spoilage of Perishable Goods – pays for spoilage of food and other goods that have resulted due to equipment malfunction or power surge.
- Business Owner Policy – Combines both the property policy and the General liability policy. Generally at a lower rate than having two separate polices.
- Commercial Auto – Commercial auto insurance covers the cost of accidents involving business-owned vehicles. It also covers vehicle theft, vandalism, and certain types of vehicle damage.
- Workers Compensation– Workers’ compensation pays for medical care to treat employees who are injured or become ill because of their jobs. It might also pay some of their lost income. If an employee dies because of a work-related injury or illness, it pays burial expenses and benefits to the employee’s family.
- Liquor Liability – Your restaurant serves alcohol an third party (one of your patrons) decides to sue you as a result of them being injured by drinking at your restaurant.
- EPLI– (Employment Practices Liability Insurance ) – this is designed to cover lawsuits from employees for alleged claims of workplace harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment, or wrongful termination. The insurance can cover legal fees , settlements, lawyers fees , other miscellaneous expenses associated with the lawsuit.
Insurance Made Easy
Discover the ConXis Advantage
We Build Relationships
Our goal is to work with you and be life long business partner
We work with each carrier as your advocate to get you the best coverage and rate available.
What Our Clients Say
Some kind words from our respected clients